Wednesday, January 28, 2015

An American Dreamland

Part of the magic of writing is that you can conjure things. It's very cool.

I am working on the second book of The Revelation Chronicles, on the scenes that take place on Coney Island, in 1911. At the amusement park called Dreamland. The book is titled Dreamland.

I just found out the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford CT is having an exhibition about Coney Island and its various amusement parks, from 1868 to 2008, called "Coney Island:Visions of an American Dreamland." It opens Saturday.

http://thewadsworth.org/coneyisland/

How crazy is that? That there would be an exhibit so directly related to the precise and odd setting I am writing about, at a museum so close to me? RIGHT NOW? It even has the word 'Dreamland' in it, just so I couldn't possibly miss it.

Maybe I'll try to conjure us a February thaw next.

No comments:

Post a Comment